Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dies Miserable and Alone


My best-loved tag line: "He loved her like there was no tomorrow." I was still a freshie that time when my English Instructor (Nikka Biong) invited me and my classmates to have a blast at their place. I was expecting a movie marathon, well it really was. They brought Phantom of the Opera, King Kong, Goblet of Fire and If Only. I did not care on what to watch since in the very first place, I ain't a movie buff. But after the bidding, the folks decided to watch If Only.
After his impetuous musician girlfriend, Samantha, dies in an accident shortly after they had a fight (and nearly broke up), a grief-stricken British businessman, Ian Wyndham, living in London gets a chance to relive the day all over again, in the hope of changing the events that led up to her getting killed. Overwhelmed by the devastating end of the movie, some of the folks said that much better if we had chosen the other one. It was just so peculiar that right then after the movie, all of us were teary-eyed (while others were wiping their tears), quiet and appalled. Even our guys proved that "boys don't cry" is a lie. I was so hopeless romantic that moment.

No comments: