Thursday, August 07, 2008

Turon, You Are Being Missed

A schoolmate sent me an email just this morning about the turon story which was published at INQUIRER.net that was submitted by a former IDS student. The turon store is non-existent during my highschool years. I nosily confirmed it with my cousin since she's 9 years older than me. How sad for it's really true. I'm quite unlucky for I haven't grabbed the chance of tasting and savouring the claimed-to-be heaven's turon. By the way, for those who doesn't have an idea of what turon is: it is a banana with a slice of jack fruit in it and wrapped with a lumpia paper. It is fried on hot oil and mixed with brown sugar. This is one of the Pinoy's favorite merienda. Yum yum yum! And oh not to forget, my fave professor is mentioned too! I love it!
The following link will take you to INQUIRER.net : Heaven-in-Iligan Click here!!!
The author is Renelaine Bontol Pfister, 27, lives in New Jersey and works as a physical therapist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a member of the last batch that tasted "Heaven's" turon. I was a first year student then. The store closed about a week after our first day of class back in 1997.
I do remember, however, that the turon tasted good, but I didn't develop a craving for it considering that I didn't get to taste it often.

Btw, you have the older batches to blame for "Heaven's" closing. Rumor has it that the store was dealing with illegal substances.

PS It's only a rumor. Perhaps the teachers started the rumor to appease the grumbling (stomachs of) students.

Shlat said...

haha really? my cousin didn't tell me 'bout that rumor thingy huh? maybe i'll ask her again..

anyway thank you mister. :)