Monday, October 06, 2008

Hardcore Debaters

I was one of the ladies in the house, as their accurate and reliable time-keeper. Being part of the Literary Event facilitators was such a nice job for me, for I was benefited. All I know before was how to play and score volleyball. I only find fun under the heat of the sun. I was so loud before; I did shouting, growling, bragging to the extent of behaving like a boy. And now the volleyball player has transformed into a refined one. I was tasked to do the paperworks and the like. How happy and scared I was for it was my first time to facilitate such event and what's worse is that I was assigned as the timekeeper in the debate competition. And you know what's the funny thing about it? It's just that I really have no idea on what to do. I've witnessed such event but I didn't know that it is so complicated. Luckily, my foster brother was kind enough to discuss with me about it's mechanics and matters. With that, it gave me a broader view and sense about what debate really is. I have had an eerie experience too. Is it kind of peculiar feeling when the debaters would recognize you together with the adjudicators? I was flattered, really. Poor soul. Like was I really reliable? I think twice and please do that too. I have met some of the debaters, especially those who have reached the final round. They were really brilliant. Oh! I so love their mind! For it wasn't marred with conventional thoughts and theories, unlike my boyfriend.
 
The champions and the adjudicators.
 
Anyway, what I just hope is that a debating society in Mindanao Sanitarium and Hospital College will be realized in the near future. We have brilliant students and of course, mentors: Mr. Omar Hussien and Mr. Toto Pagdato and not to mention our very own clinical instructors who were hardcore debaters way back in their time. So I guess there is no known excuse in here. Please make it happen.

No comments: