Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2009, Kleptomania and N73

I have had a worst year starter this 2009. My Papa officially lost his job. My Grandma died on her 75th birthday due to myocardial infarction. And lately, my brother lost his N73 cellular phone. Like do I have to name all those? Arghh.. Not anymore, I suppose.

My mom and I have decided to spend the last night of vigil in my Lola's place at Kolambugan, Lanao del Norte. On Saturday lunch, my cousin fetched us and hurriedly made our way to our ancestral home. We have met different people from different places and dealing with dilemma: meeting those unknown and as if blood-related people. I just hate it when somebody will tap on my shoulder or even hug me not knowing who the heck they
are. It's not that I don't like socializing with those kinds of people but I just hate "plastikan," so I only talk to those who I knew very well. And I found a good solution that night, after the ritual, I took a bath and joined my cousins chitchatting inside the bedroom. Most of us have decided to stay up late since that night became a sort of a reunion for us. And we spent our time playing cards, majhong and picture taking.

If I can still remember correctly, I fell asleep just before 11:00 in the evening while most of them were still catching those missed moments. It was 3:00 AM when I woke up and did not notice unusual except that the one who was beside me on the bed is my brother. I just closed my eyes again thinking that everything was sound and safe.

Alarm clock: "Michelle! Mata na! Ligo na kay ma-pictorial pa!!" as my Mama has shouted with her usual high-pitched shrill voice. Argghhhh! I hate it when she's doing that to me. I immediately went to the loo and dressed up myself while my brother was busy looking for something. He then asked me, "Have you seen my cellphone?" Of course, I answered him I didn't since he was the one using it the whole night.

My mother almost freaked out when she knew it. She did the investigation and got nothing. That instance added that emotions she was feeling. That day was my Granny's interment too. But still my Mama was strong, like she was able to cope everything up. Still, we let her take her prescribed anti-hypertensive medications and provided some rest.

Yes! The day wasn't happy at all. I witnessed my brother's grief because of his missing cellphone and my mom's emotional outburst for she will not be able to see her mother forever even her wake.

But life isn't unfair afterall..

After 2 days of search and rescue operation; as if the missing item is a human, LOL, we found a solution: "mananagna." My mom visited that certain place and consulted the mananagna and gotcha!!! Hmmm! She's just one of those we consider family and we know her history for being a kleptomaniac. Look how deceiving people may become. Again, for this 2009, a great lesson has been learned.

No comments: